Visa interview is a different ball game and drastically differs from any other interview one could face in their life. The most important aspects visa interview that one should keep in their mind before applying is he/she needs to prove to the concerned visa officer that your intension is all about studying abroad rather than staying out there. In other words, the consular officer views the student as a potential immigrant and it is up to the student to prove that this is not the case. On the ground of this, the consular officer would come to conclusion whether he/she is going to stay or pursue his/her higher education there.
The consular's objective is to decide whether to make you a visa offer by evaluating your educational background, your strengths, as well as your level of motivation, attitude, confidence and personality. In other words, to find out if you are the right person for the visa, what is your potential for the visa and whether or not you will fit into their environment.
As a student, your objective is to satisfy the consular's objective, as well as learn those things you need to know about the country, university and the course so that you can give an intelligent answers during interview. Following are certain tips which are outmost important for any students to would to pursue one’s career abroad.
- Learn about the country, university and course in depth.
- Prepare answers to broad questions about yourself.
- Write an essay (statement of purpose) and review it.
- Practice an interview with a friends or relatives.
- Know the exact place and time of the interview.
- Arrive before the scheduled time of your interview.
- Be well groomed. Dress appropriately. Do not chew gum or smoke.
- Be confident. Be smiling.
- The interview should be a two-way conversation. If you do not understand anything ask questions from the interviewers, do not hesitate.